[Soc-coordination] Mentor summit

Steve McIntyre steve at einval.com
Thu Sep 6 16:59:34 UTC 2007

On Mon, Sep 03, 2007 at 02:15:30PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>On Sat, Sep 01, 2007 at 12:52:44AM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>>Google are again organising a one-day post-programme summit this year,
>>on Saturday, October 6, 2007 at their HQ in Mountain View, California,
>>USA. We have been invited to send up to 3 mentors along to take
>>part. Who's interested in going? :-)
>
>So, it seems we have a few interested:
>
>This year's mentors with students:
>
>Me
>AJ? (went last year)
>Daniel
>
>Mentors without students this year:
>
>Erich (went last year)
>Aigars
>Fabio
>
>Not interested / can't make that date:
>
>Zack
>Lars
>Loic
>
>I'd like to give priority to people who had students this year where
>possible; does that sound fair?
>
>AJ: I don't know if you want to go again?
>Martin/Luk/Javier - I've not heard from you at all. Are you interested?

Right, we've had a couple more days to mull it over. Most people seem
to agree with my suggestion of taking current mentors in
preference. Given that and the responses I've had, I'm suggesting:

Me
Luk
Daniel

Shout at me! If I don't hear any substantial objections then I'll
start organising around that plan.

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                steve at einval.com
"...In the UNIX world, people tend to interpret `non-technical user'