[Soc-coordination] How's it going?

Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt marc at marcbrockschmidt.de
Thu Jun 12 23:21:49 UTC 2008

Steve McIntyre <steve at einval.com> writes:
> Things to do, if not done already:
>
>  * set up projects / sub-projects under the SoC project on alioth

My student, Jordà Polo Bardés, will be working on a single, pre-existing
package (lintian) and integrate his work in the lintian subversion
repository, so I guess that won't be needed.

>  * start sending status reports in

Well, Jordà has been a bit busy with university stuff and some real life
issues, but has started working on the lintian project, reviewing the
current state and getting to know the code better.

A first, very visible result is the new (now actually deserving that
name) web design of lintian.debian.org, which was enabled by Russ just a
few days ago. Please look at your lintian pages - even if the number of
warnings and errors is horrible, it's nice to look at. Actually, when
more errors and warning are displayed, it looks even more colorful and
nice :-)

Not sure if everyone still remembers, but the big idea was to replace
the error/warning/info system by a more fine-grained classification of
checks. The first issue that needed a decision was what different levels
should be available for this new classification. For the severity scale,
Jordà had the gread idea of re-using the BTS severities (serious, ...,
minor), while there hasn't been a final decision on the certainty
scale.

Anyway, I fear further development will need some time before we get to
results that can actually be displayed, so if you don't hear from me,
it's probably because I only have boring things to tell. Still, poke
me.

Hugs, love and Friendly,
Marc
--