[Soc-coordination] Deadline for the proposals?

Erich Schubert erich at debian.org
Sun Mar 9 13:26:46 UTC 2008

Hello Charles,
http://code.google.com/soc/2008/faqs.html#0.1_timeline

[...]

March 12: Mentoring organization application deadline (12 noon PDT/19:00 UTC).

March 13-17: Google program administrators review organization
applications.

March 17: List of accepted mentoring organizations published on
code.google.com/soc/ (~12 noon PDT/19:00 UTC).

[the chances are I guess > 95% that Debian will again be accepted - we
did a good job last year.]

Interim Period: Would-be student participants discuss application ideas
with mentoring organizations.

March 24: Student application period opens (~12 noon PDT/19:00 UTC).

March 31: Student application deadline 5:00 PM PDT/00:00 UTC April 1,
2008.

[sometime between March 31 and April 14 we'll find out how many slots we
get (i.e. how many students we can accept)]

[...]

April 14: accepted student proposals announced at code.google.com/soc/ (~12 noon PDT/19:00 UTC).

[... check the list in the FAQ yourself ...]

P.S. I don't know if I'll be available for mentoring this year, but I'll
definitely try to contribute a bit to coordination / admin, like I did
last year. I find it very important to provide a lot of feedback to
students, and IMHO we should try again to have at least three potential
mentors read and comment on each application.

best regards,
Erich Schubert
--
    erich@(vitavonni.de|debian.org)    --    GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
      This one's tricky. You have to use imaginary numbers, like     //\