[Soc-coordination] GSOC idea for next year: undusting some packages

Charles Plessy plessy at debian.org
Wed Oct 1 14:43:00 UTC 2008

Le Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 10:59:01AM -0300, Otavio Salvador a écrit :

> I fully agree that APT needs more love and that I and Michael hasn't
> been able to take care of it as it deserves however it is not only
> that. As you already noticed people don't worry a lot about it and
> just notice it ever exists when find a ugly and serious bug.

A naive suggestion, but maybe if it had a proper homepage it would more
look like a project to contribute in? I have the feeling that Debian
native packages are easily ignored because they do not exist in the same
sphere as the typical free software projects that periodically release
stable tar.gz versions on http://theirname.org. It would especially make
sense as it is ported on other distributions...

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,