[Soc-coordination] Mentors wanted for Qt4 Package Manager and EC2/Eucalyptus

Obey Arthur Liu arthur at milliways.fr
Wed Apr 8 00:30:39 UTC 2009

Hi lksfo,

I promised I'll send out the shortlist of projects once Google sends us
our preliminary slot allocation today but I misread the thread on
mentors and that count will only happen on Thursday, so we'll have to
wait a bit more.

We should have all of our projects covered, except for 2 projects. I'm
posting them here in case you could mentor or help find mentors for
those projects. (The wiki pages are not really up to date, so please
come on IRC and ask clarifications, see below)

* Qt4 Package Manager [0]:
Finish Petr Rockai's Adept 3.0 and bring a Qt4 Package Manager to
Debian, with a different interface paradigm than Aptitude-gtk.
Petr said he would provide help with the existing codebase but can't
mentor. Sune Vuorela from Debian KDE is ready to help with Qt4 related
issues.

* EC2/Eucalyptus [1]:
Build Debian tools to create Debian images for Amazon EC2 and the free
Eucalyptus implementation. Packaging of the Eucalyptus hosting framework
is also possible.
For this project, we already have on board to help: Charles Plessy from
Debian Med, Eric Hammond, developer of the existing vmbuilder Ubuntu
tool for EC2 and Chris Grzegorczyk and Rich Wolski, from the Eucalyptus
team. Plenty of people to get help from.

If we still can't find a mentor by Thursday, I'll blast an announcement
over at debian-devel at l.d.o along the project shortlist.

In the meantime, don't forget to idle on #debian-soc on irc.debian.org.

Cheers,

Arthur

[0] <http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2009/KDE-based-packagemanager>
[1] <http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2009/Amazon_EC2_AMI>