[Soc-coordination] Creating a N32 MIPS Port for Debian Report, Week 6

sha liu sandyleo26 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 08:00:20 UTC 2009

Hi list and mentors,
    Down below is the summery of my last two weeks. Due to some lab work and
some private things, there's not too much work done.

*Abstract*:
1. Applying visa for debconf9. I'm afraid I can't make it to debconf9 due to
the invitation letter which is still not coming.
2. Reading debian-policy, maintainer-guide and developer-reference. Then I
tried to debianize the new system
3. Get my Gdium netbook working.

*Detail*:
1. The invitation letter was expected to arrive before Tuesday last week.
However, after I spent 700 RMB to get my issuance and  visa application form
done, it's still "on the way". I have to say that the visa team of debconf9
is really inefficient and  irresponsible. After I spent so much time and
money in preparing the passport and visa stuff, for now I basically have no
chance to go to debconf9:-(

2. I tried to debianize the new system according to the debian-policy.
However, manually doing this is very slow and Error-prone. I'm still looking
for new ways which is automatic and efficient.

*To do for next 2 weeks*:
1. Totally debianize the new system based on sid.
2. Pack the new system and upload to internet

--
Best,
Sha Liu