[Soc-coordination] Info about the gsoc flyer

Obey Arthur Liu arthur at milliways.fr
Thu Mar 12 06:42:01 UTC 2009

Hector Colina a écrit :
> 2009/3/12 Steve McIntyre <steve at einval.com>:
>> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 08:19:12PM +1930, Hector Colina wrote:
>>> Hi Steve, I have problem with the flyer source. I will like translate
>>> it to spanish. Do you could send me the source directly
>> Hi Hector,
>>
>> I don't have the source myself, but Arthur (cc:ed) does. Hopefully he
>> can help you.
>
> Thanks, i will wait for it.

Hi people,

I made flyers for the GSoC at Debian (A3 format, yes, that's european and
metric :) ) that can be either handed out or posted onto bulleting
boards. They're in english and french right now and it would be cool if
we could have some other languages.

The source is on the wiki page[1], it's standard scribus-ng[2], but to
make it easier, here are the strings:

"What are you doing this summer ?
 Planning on twiddling your thumbs ?
 Why not code for Debian instead ?
And be paid for it ?"

"In case you don't know, the Debian Project is an association of
individuals who have made common cause to create a free operating system.
 This operating system that we have created is called Debian GNU/Linux,
or simply Debian for short.
 With its derivatives, it is the most used Linux in the world, from
embedded devices to world-class supercomputers. "

"The Google Summer of Code program helps talented students get
introduced into open source projects, like Debian, by writing code
during the summer in exchange for a $4500 USD stipend. You even get to
visit Google. Not too bad, right?
  By participating with Debian, you could have a tremendous impact on
millions of Linux users across a dozen Linux variants.
 Within Debian, you will have the opportunity to work on a dazzingly
large range of software, mentored by some of the most experienced and
respected developers of the Linux world.
  If you are interested, visit:
 http://wiki.debian.org/gsoc
 or join us on IRC on:
 #debian-soc on irc.debian.org "

"Discuss projects with us NOW!
 Apply during March 2009! "

Send the translated strings to the soc-coordination mailing list[3] and
I'll put the strings in the flyers.
Thanks in advance to the translators!

Cheers

Arthur