[Soc-coordination] Face Authentication : GSOC-2009 applicant

kusum kumar kusum18 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 04:50:30 UTC 2009

Hello Sir,

 I propose a project for Google Summer of Code to you of
Face-Authentication module for Ubuntu .I would like to implement this
as a higher order security  alternative for password authentication .
Password can always be extracted with hook or crook methods but
developing the same face feature vectors is almost impossible. The
thumb impression is also easily tamperable.

I am proposing  that the user creates his profile in the software and
the software will take the persons photos as a reference database and
the next time onwards the module can be used to login through face
authentication.

 I am 2nd year UnderGraduate student of Birla Institute of Technology
and Science PILANI,Goa campus . I am very enthusiastic and readily
willing to work full time  in my summer to the best of my capabilty
and try completing the  project. I have been working on the
algorithm's of face recognition and confident will progress very well
over the  summer.I have used Ubuntu , OpenSuse and RedHat linux for
mainly  server hosting purposes inside my college. I request you to
look over  my project proposal  and assign me to a mentor (if possibe)
if you feel that the project is viable.

 I look forward for prompt reply.

 Sincerely,
 M.Kusum Kumar