[Soc-coordination] applying for Aptitude search ranking and presentation

Obey Arthur Liu arthur at milliways.fr
Mon Mar 23 22:10:48 UTC 2009

KUTLU EMRE YILMAZ a écrit :
> Hİ all,

Hi,

> im a 4th year undergrad student in cs and im interested in aptitude
> search ranking implementation project.
>
> to be fair i havent used xapian before.
>
> my thesis topic is comparison of turkish information retrieval
> performance of lemur and terrier toolkits regarding their different
> retrieval algos.

[snip]

> please dont hesitate to write your feedbacks either bad or good.

It seems that you are knowledgeable about the information retrieval
theory. Good.
I would now suggest you to study how aptitude uses apt-xapian-index (see
mailing-list archive[1]) and how apt-xapian-index works in particular
(look for Enrico Zini's stuff). Remember that this is all about coding,
not academic research ;D

You might also have a look at:
http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2009/PackagesWebsite_Xapian_Search
It's a similar project.