[Soc-coordination] New version of Config::Model with GSoC2010 code.
domi.dumont at free.fr
Sat Aug 14 13:33:50 UTC 2010
I've released a Config::Model 1.206 which feature all the work done so far by
Krzysztof Tyszecki during this summer's Google summer of Code. Here's the
First version to feature code written during Google Summer of
For this GSoC, Krzysztof Tyszecki has provided:
* a new backend for INI file that can:
* read and write comments to and from annotations. This way
users comments are preserved
* read and write parameters that are repeated in the INI file.
This repeated parameters will be loaded in list elements
* the capacity to load annotation from perl data structure
* a new model feature to accept unknown element. This will enable
loading and writing configuration files even if parameters are
unknown. This feature is required to create models targeted for
configuration upgrades: only upgrade and migration specifications
need to be specified in a model. Parameters that don't change from
one version to another need not to be specified in the model.
* lib/Config/Model/Loader.pm (_walk_node): bug fix to load node
* lib/Config/Model/Dumper.pm (): bug fix to dump hash and list
* Fixed Fstab example
This probably does not mean that the configuration upgrade problem is solved,
but that's certainly a step in the right direction.
All the best
More information about the Soc-coordination