[Soc-coordination] let's look for _new_ Debian contributors!

Lucas Nussbaum lucas at lucas-nussbaum.net
Mon Mar 15 14:49:50 UTC 2010

On 15/03/10 at 15:16 +0100, Obey Arthur Liu wrote:
> To conclude, my position, and I believe it is shared by the majority
> of the mentors who actively participate in Google Summer of Code at
> Debian, is that we should select those students who will most probably
> give us the largest return in terms of *increased long-term
> contributions rate*. That means we will strongly prioritize new
> contributors.

So, which one of the following is true?
(A) there will be no DD or DM as Debian GSOC student
(B) there will be no DD or DM as Debian GSOC student, unless it's the
    only solution to fill all our slots (there are no other applicants).
    So DD/DMs should apply if interested.
(C) there will be no DD or DM as Debian GSOC student, unless it's the
    only reasonable way to fill all our slots (all the other non-DD/DM
    are really not good enough). So DD/DMs should apply if interested.
(D) non-DD/DMs are prioritized, but it is still possible that DD/DMs can
    become students. DD/DMs should really apply.
(E) whether someone is a DD/DM or not should not really be important
    when selecting the students.