[Soc-coordination] Help with mentoring i18n tasks for Google Code-in

Obey Arthur Liu arthur at milliways.fr
Tue Nov 23 14:45:52 UTC 2010

Bonjour!

As you might have heard, the Google Code-in is now open and for 6 more
weeks.
We would like to get small i18n tasks done by pre-university students
(13-18) from all over the world.

Bubulle has suggested translating debian-installer in new languages[1] but
we're having a hard time finding penguinese speakers.
On the other hand, I'm sure we have plenty of other things that need to get
translated.

To get started, come idle with us on #debian-soc on irc.debian.org and
soc-coordination at lists.alioth.debian.org

What we are looking after are small tasks that can be done in 1-3 days and
about 2-6 hours of continuous work.
Mentors are also needed to look after students, point them to the
appropriate tools and general translation practices.

Besides this, we are also looking for one admin to coordinate i18n tasks.
It's just a matter of submitting/approving tasks and assigning mentors.

Cheers
Arthur

[1]: <
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/soc-coordination/2010-October/000813.html