[Soc-coordination] Debian Installer Translation (instance #01)

Christian PERRIER bubulle at debian.org
Wed Nov 24 06:24:00 UTC 2010

Quoting Mateusz Cedro (mcedro at techvortal.pl):
> Hi,
>
> I've just read the news on dobreprogramy.pl about Google Code-in. I'm
> 16 and I want to join a debian-installer translation Polish team. I'm
> using Debian for 2 years and I want to help developers of my favourite
> Linux distro if it is possible.
>
> Greetings,
> Ult1me.

Hi Mateusz,

Debian Installer is currently well translated into Polish, so I really
have nothing to "offer" you on that matter.

On the other hand, the Debian Installation Guide, which is also
maintained by the Debian Installer team, is *not* translated to
Polish, even partially.

This is a quite big task. Quite too big, maybe for Code-in, but at
least translating one or two PO files could help creating the needed
momentum....and motivate you to continue involvment with the Polish
localization team(s).

Are you comfortable with gettext translation files already (PO files)?
If not, I could give you the needed hints (that's fairly easy).

CC'ing Bartosz Fenski who is the Debian Installer translator. Maybe he
could help in reviewing (you'll understand I can't review Polish).