[Soc-coordination] Status of the Taverna/BOINC/Wrapper/GeneticCloning projects

Ana Guerrero ana at debian.org
Fri Apr 8 07:12:35 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 08, 2011 at 12:41:01AM +0200, Dominique Belhachemi wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Apr 2011, Dominique Belhachemi wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 6 Apr 2011, Obey Arthur Liu wrote:
> >
> >>Hi all,

> >Hi Ana, I would love to co-mentor this important BOINC project. ,
> >Using Debian to
> >
> Ups, something went wrong with my email client. Anyway, using
> hundreds of distributed Debian machines to perform scientific
> calculations sounds like a Debian relevant project to me. I will
> vote for this project during the review period.

Hi Dominique!
Thanks a lot for helping. You were accepted as mentor in melange yesterday
night so maybe you got a chance to read the students proposals and specially
the comments to the proposals pointing to problems in the original
project. Just for the sake of completion, since you quoted 2 project,
the one you are willing to mentor is:
http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2011/BOINC right?

I guess you have read in this list that project proposal is not
accepted and we have told the students this decision. What you would like to do
here exactly? The deliverables of the project are not clear and they do
mostly look as a packaging project. Could you please address what are the
challenges that the students are supposed to address in this project?

Thanks!
Ana