[Soc-coordination] Debian's GSoC, applications received

Charles Plessy plessy at debian.org
Sat Apr 9 14:24:58 UTC 2011

Le Sat, Apr 09, 2011 at 02:30:45PM +0200, Ana Guerrero a écrit :

> Once we have hear from all the mentors, then we should rank the proposals
> in the order we want to be accepted depending on how many slots
> we get. We have asked for 10 slots to Google (still can be changed)
> and right now we have 13 project with at least one student submission.

Hello Ana and everybody,

I will not mentor this year, so perhaps I should not give too many advices, but
still, I strongly recommend to rank the students, not the proposals, and only
then resolve proposal duplicates if there are any, and then sort the students
of equivalent strength according to the general importance of their proposal.

In particular, out of the 13 projects, 5 show no interaction at all between the
students and the mentor in the Google SoC “Melange” web interface.  Perhaps the
discussion took place on IRC or elsewhere, but if not, are you sure that these
applications have any potential ?

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy