[Soc-coordination] Debian's GSoC, applications ranking

Ana Guerrero ana at debian.org
Fri Apr 15 09:01:36 UTC 2011

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 11:42:31AM +0200, Ana Guerrero wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 09, 2011 at 02:30:45PM +0200, Ana Guerrero wrote:
> >  We have asked for 10 slots to Google (still can be changed)
> > and right now we have 13 project with at least one student submission.
> >

> We got 10 slots.

Hi,

This weekend we should rank our projects (btw, one was already dropped by the
mentor) and see what projects deserve to get the slots.
If there are not anymore mentors dropping projects, we are aiming to do some
condorcet voting between the mentors to rank the proposals. Possible options
are using:
- devotee
- http://selectricity.org/ (we mailed the admin there 2 days ago without
  answer).
- a spreadsheet
- ?

Everything should be set in melange by Monday 18th: accepted projects should
have their mentor assigned and they should have the "Should accept" field
set to true.
In Wednesday 20th, we should hear from Google if we have any of our students
accepted in other organization (duplicates). If there is not duplicate,
we are done.
By Friday 22th, whatever is in melange it is final.

BTW, the people running the program from google has explicitly asked *not*
to tell students in advance about their projects being accepted. Given
last minute changes are always possible, please respect that.

Ana