[Soc-coordination] Debian mailing lists archives as mbox (was: Re: Debian Teams Activity Metrics - Report IV) [Update]

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 07:27:11 UTC 2011

Hi Christian,

> I find it really sad that you have to do this while Debian mailing
> lists archives available as mbox *do exist* (but they're only
> available for DDs with accounts in Debian machines).

Yes, Andreas (my mentor) can access them but I can't for the project.

> I understand there could be some  reluctance to offering these
> completely anonymously but I wonder if there could be an intermediate
> way for non DDs to get access to these archives. That would also help
> for the spam cleaning process (reviewing spam in one's MUA instead of
> online).
>
> CC'ed to -devel and reply-to set there

We have been in touch with them for a long time but they have refused,
which is sad because the data is public anyways :) They have agreed
_now_ to some sort of a compromise and that is being worked out.

This NNTP script is a backup, just in case we have some more 'privacy'
issues and stuff doesn't work out.

--
Sukhbir