[Soc-coordination] Compute Clusters Integration for Debian Development and Building - Report 4

Ana Guerrero ana at debian.org
Fri Aug 5 10:57:57 UTC 2011

On Fri, Aug 05, 2011 at 12:18:27AM -0500, Rudy Godoy wrote:

> Hello, this is the fourth report for the project. First, I'd like to
> apologize for being late, I took a short trip over the weekend and
> missed the deadline.

Hi Rudy,

I am sorry, we can not accept your late report. The deadline for sending
the reports were set well in advance in May so everybody could make their
plans [1]. The report should have sent as very late past Monday 1st August,
with a very wide definition of what Monday is as you can read in that email.
We might have even accepted a late report in Tuesday provide it was a good
one [3].
Sylvestre sent a reminder the Friday early (still Thursday in your TZ) [2],
you could have send the report before leaving. Also you could have sent a
short email warning us or asking your mentor to do it. Just dissapearing is
not OK.
Other students were also traveling this weekend back from DebConf and
they still managed to send their report on time. It wouldn't be fair to them
accepting your report.

I hope you will stay involved in Eucalyptus anyway out of your GSoC.

[1] http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/soc-coordination/2011-May/000982.html
[2] http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/soc-coordination/2011-July/001048.html
[3] That isn't the case here, your report should cover a whole month and it does not
seem like that.
You also have been failing to post the URL of your repository as it was asked some time
ago.