[Soc-coordination] GSoC - Apt Ordering - Report 5

Christopher Baines cbaines8 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 08:22:56 UTC 2011

4-5 Line Summary:

My project was to enable better customisation of the ordering process in
APT, and to move towards parallelisation when downloading and installing
packages. So far, I have enabled Immediate Configuration for all
packages, this is both a step forward in improving the overall options
when ordering packages, but its also a good step towards
parallelisation. The improvements made to the ordering in general also
help reliability and consistency, especially when processing packages
with complex dependencies.

If this is too long, feel free to edit for brevity.

Thanks for the reminder,

Chris