[Soc-coordination] Preparing GSoC 2011: bring in your project ideas!

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre at debian.org
Sat Feb 19 12:39:41 UTC 2011

Le samedi 19 février 2011 à 13:25 +0100, Ana Guerrero a écrit :
> Hi!
>
> On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 01:13:06PM +0100, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Le vendredi 04 février 2011 à 16:47 +0100, Obey Arthur Liu a écrit :
> > > Hello all!
> > >

> > > It's the time of the year again and we have to prepare a list of
> > > project ideas to submit our application.
> > It is now time to start writing the Google Summer of code proposal for
> > 2011.
> > This page on the wiki is available for this:
> > http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2011/Applying
> >
> > with the template "SummerOfCode/ProposalTemplate" to simplify all this.
> >

> we are not changing and trying to improve this process over what was
> done this year?
Sorry about that. Your idea is indeed great. In case of 2) (a proposal
wrote by a non-mentor), we could write a line on the Wiki.
Having everything in the Wiki could be easier than with mailing lists ?!

By the way, how often did case 2) happened in the past ?

The opening of the applications is in less than 10 days. It is why I
sent my previous email, not bypass or diminish your proposal! ;)

Sylvestre