[Soc-coordination] GSoC begins, some important information

Gustavo Alkmim alkmim at lrc.ic.unicamp.br
Tue Jun 7 06:08:55 UTC 2011

Hi.

My project is the "Automated Multi-Arch cross-building and bootstrapping"
one. I'm going to concentrate on circular dependencies breaking and making a
tool to sequence bootstrap builds.

In the past weeks I studied about the related documentation available at
debian wiki and other internet sites. I don't have so much things to write
about this because I was just understanding all the documentations and
definitions related to the problem.

As a conclusion of this first step I may say that I am very interested in
the project. I don't have all the stuffs clearly in my mind but I hope I
understood the main things. Also I'm glad to see that the debian/ubuntu
community is very helpful.

Currently I am doing I bash script that returns the build sequence of a
given package and its dependencies. If the sequence has a cycle, it will
return the dependency graph. I had some problems using xdeb to make the
cross-build because xdeb needs the source of the packages. To solve this
problem, I am going to try a patch.

The following step is to use the script to find the loops of a given set of
packages needed to bootstrap Debian in a given architecture and so brake the
cycles. Finally, I'm going to be able to make a tool to automate the
bootstrap process.

Gustavo Prado Alkmim
Bacharel em Ciência da Computação (UFLA)
Mestrando em Ciência da Computação (UNICAMP)

--
"Do que adianta para o homem ganhar o mundo e perder sua alma???"