[Soc-coordination] DPKG- Declarative Diversions - Report 2

Sam Dunne sam.dunne101 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 17:45:11 UTC 2011

DECLARATIVE DIVERSIONS
======================

REPORT 2
--------

This is the second report for declarative diversions for debian as part
of Google Summer of Code.

My first report was just a design draft but I have since been advised to
structure it differently. So in this report I will talk about what I have
done
to date with the project and what my plans for the immediate future are.

For the first while in this project I spent a lot of time with my mentor
planning out what we were going to do and we discussed it with everyone who
is involved with dpkg to get feedback.
I quickly got a great deal of feedback and produced my first design draft.
After which I got even more feedback and produced my second design draft.
This
week is the first week I have spent coding. So far I have coded a parser
which
works quite well for what we need. I spent the later part of this week
integrating it into the existing codebase. But so far everything is looking
extremely promising.

My plans for the immediate future are to release a third design draft based
on
feedback from my existing code and to finalise the main part of the work. I
believe this will be achieved by the next report date (1st of July) as well
as
a lot of basic functionality for the project.

Anyone who wishes to discuss the project with me can either mail me through
the mailing list, catch me on IRC (SCD[Eire]) or email me at
sam.dunne101 at gmail.com

My blog:    http://blog.sam-dunne.com
My Github:  https://github.com/samdunne/dpkg-diversions

    My code is located in /lib/dpkg/test in the gsoc-testing branch of my
code

Until next time,
--
Sam Dunne