[Soc-coordination] php, web, web development

Kete F kwfj at suddenlink.net
Fri Mar 25 17:47:31 UTC 2011

---- Ana Guerrero <ana at debian.org> wrote:

> Could you please link the pages you are mentioning from melange and from the
> Debian Wiki? I do not remember we have any problem related to
> packages.debian.org. Also, please if you have any question about that project
> ask directly.
>
> Ana

Thanks for responding. I apologize for not including those details. The organization page is at http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/program/accepted_orgs/google/gsoc2011, and the Wiki page is at http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2010/Applying#packages.debian.org

I don't remember the "SummerOfCode2010/PackagesDebianOrgExtractionImprovements: Rewrite the packages.debian.org extraction scripts for push triggers and multiple repositories" part being there this morning, but I'm sorry for missing that part. From http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2010/PackagesDebianOrgExtractionImprovements, that requires Perl, not PHP.

By the way, I'm graduating with a two-year degree in Web technologies, and I'm pursuing a bachelor's degree in computer information technology this fall. I've used Debian for a year and, before that, Ubuntu for a year. I appreciate libre software and the Debian community's efforts. I've coded in HTML and CSS for about ten years, my teachers think I do outstanding work, and I get straight A's. I've been coding PHP for several months.

I also have IRC accounts as handheldcar, and I restored my Irssi settings this morning. My question is just regarding the availability of the aforementioned Web development work this summer. If there's an opportunity, I'd like to make a proposal/application because I want some practice this summer, and a job would be wonderful not just for the money but for the experience to put on my resume as well.