[Soc-coordination] GSoC '11 [Debian-Installer] -Mentor Needed

Sitesh Shrivastava siteshshrivastava at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 06:08:30 UTC 2011

 Hello Everyone!
I am a Junior Undergraduate at BIT Mesra, one of the premier institutes in
the field of Engineering and Sciences in India, pursuing Computer Science &
Engineering.

I am looking forward for a challenging project as a part of GSOC '11 under
Debian during summers. I am interested in the idea mentioned on the GSoC
page "Debian Emulated on Windows". Though, I look forward toward this
project but, I would like to carry out the same by proposing "Wubi like
Windows installer for Debian", which may be used to perform the similar
goals. Wubi was developed for Ubuntu which is used for installing Ubuntu on
Windows just like another application and can be chosen to boot from the
Windows boot loader when being started up.

 I am looking forward towards Debian Community so that I can find someone
who is willing to mentor this project. I would like to discuss more about
the details of the above project so that I can contribute to the Debian as
well as OSS Community. I would like to mention that I have strong
foundations in algorithm intensive programming and have advanced foundations
in C/C++ too(Which is definitely a pre-requisite for the project, as Wubi
BackEnd is in C++). Also, I am well versed in working of Linux (various
flavours) based OS. I am fully aware of the responsibilities and
requirements for this position. To consolidate my knowledge in the fields of
interest, I have acquired conceptual knowledge in the fields of algorithms
and linux & have done few basic projects in these fields too.

I would like to add that being regular user of Debian OS, I am really
interested in contributing to the developement of the same.

If any further information is required, I would be glad to furnish the same.

Regards,
Sitesh Shrivastava
Junior Undergraduate, BIT Mesra
Phone: +91-9470521313