[Soc-coordination] Initial Draft Application

Chris cbaines8 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 19:54:02 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-03-23 at 16:17 -0400, Obey Arthur Liu wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>

> On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 4:05 PM, Chris <cbaines8 at gmail.com> wrote:
>         Hello,
>
>         I have added an initial draft of my application to the GSoC
>         project to
>         the wiki, this is the proposal
>         ( http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2011/DeclarativeDiversions ) and
>         this is my application
>         ( http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2011/DeclarativeDiversions/ChristopherBaines ).
>
>         Please tell me what you think?
>
> I had a quick look at your proposal. I encourage you to further study
> the subject and come up with precise details about how you'd go about
> implementing the diversions. Since you already worked on dpkg code, I
> think this is accessible to you.

I have made some minor additions to my proposal, if any additional
technical details are needed just ask.

Before, for the Google Code In project, I worked on one of the perl
scripts. However this project would require work on the main program
written in c, I have not worked on this part before, and as such finding
the relevant parts is more difficult.

Thanks,

Chris