[Soc-coordination] GCi2011: Rejected :(

Gergely Nagy algernon at madhouse-project.org
Wed Nov 9 20:14:43 UTC 2011

I just received the following mail from Melange:

,----
| Subject: [Debian Project] Your organization application has been rejected.
|
| Hi ,
|

| Thank you for submitting "" organization application to Google Code-in
| 2011. Unfortunately, we were unable to accept your organization's
| application at this time. We received many more applications for the
| program than we are able to accommodate, and we would encourage you to
| reapply for future instances of the program.
|

| Best regards,
| The Google Open Source Programs Team
`----

It was kind-of expected, as our list of tasks was fairly low (partly my
fault too, as I wasn't able to dedicate as much time to GCi preparation
as it would've needed). On the flip side, we have a year now to prepare
for the next GCi! And seeing how fast and smooth this one went, we can
use that breathing space, so to say.

So, despite the rejection, I'd like to ask everyone interested to keep
updating the task list, not by just adding new items, but by keeping the
list up-to-date aswell. We have one year to reach out to various teams
and make sure we'll fare better in 2012, before the world ends!