[Soc-coordination] Google Code-In kick start

Stefano Zacchiroli leader at debian.org
Thu Oct 27 20:58:12 UTC 2011

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 09:20:02AM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 11:18:02AM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> > TL;DR: I'm looking for volunteers that will act as Debian Project
> > liaisons (or "admins") for the Google Code In initiative [1]. Deadline
> > for project applications is November 1st; we'll miss it unless we have
> > the volunteers before that date. Feel free to volunteer either on
> > -project or by mailing me at leader at d.o.
>
> We've got four volunteers for the task (all Cc:-ed):
>
> - Gergely Nagy
> - Sukhbir Singh
> - Bastian Blank
> - Laszlo Boszorme

I've seen no replies to this first mail on list and worries me a bit
(OTOH, I'm not on the IRC channel, so I might have missed something; my
apologies if this is the case).

Just to be sure we're on the same page: we all love you volunteered and
we're sort of expecting that you people take the lead in organizing
Debian's participation in Google Code-In. This includes discovering what
is we have to do and when, in order not to miss the program deadlines
(the first of which is very close: next Monday!).

I'm sure many people on this list, including myself, will be glad to
help with subsequent steps. But we really need someone to take the lead,
and _that_ was the purpose of my call for help. Without that, Debian's
participation in Google Code-In simply won't happen.

Thanks again for your help,
Cheers.

PS of course, anyone else willing to volunteer and/or take lead is still
   welcome!