[Soc-coordination] PyPI to Debian repository converter (GSoC 2012 project)

Natalia Frydrych natalia.frydrych at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 21:26:51 UTC 2012

Hi!

My name is Natalia Frydrych. This year, for the first time, I want to
take part in the Google Summer of Code.

My project proposal is available at:
http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2012/StudentApplications/NataliaFrydrych

I am going to write it using Python. Most libraries I have ever used,
were installed using apt-get, but pypi.python.org contains many
interesting libraries that are not available in Debian. My goal is to
create tool that will convert PyPI to Debian repository and thus make
installation of such libraries much easier.

Please let me know what do you think about my proposal. Does such a
conversion make sense? Do you have any suggestions? Any additional
comments? Is anyone willing to co-mentor my project? I already talked
to Piotr, who is interested to lead the project, but any additional
help is appreciated...