[Soc-coordination] Final Report - Improving Team Activity Metrics

Vipin Nair swvist at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 19:07:07 UTC 2012

Hi,

This is the final report on the GSoC project 'Improving Team Activity
Metrics' with Sukhbir Singh and Andreas Tille as the mentors. The
details of the project is available at Debian Wiki[1]. That project
proposal that I have submitted as part of the GSoC application is also
available on the wiki[2].

[1] : http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2012/Projects#Improving_Debian_Team_Activity_Metrics
[2] : http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2012/StudentApplications/VipinNair

Since the last report, I have done the following work:

- Finished the bugs metric API. All the currently available metrics
are available under the API.

- Added the API documentation on the Debian Wiki[3].

- We have tried to deploy the app on Blends machine but so far with no
success due to some configuration issues. We have requested Enrico for
his help and hope to get this up and running soon.

[3] : http://wiki.debian.org/Teammetrics/API

Future work

- Deploy on the Blends machine.

- Complete the unit test coverage for the project.

- Response time optimization. We have already discussed on this and
identified thing to be done[4].

- We have identified a feature[5] that could improve the project and
needs to be implemented.

[4] : http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/teammetrics-discuss/2012-June/000970.html
[5] : http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/teammetrics-discuss/2012-August/001027.html

Summary

I have developed a web interface for the team activity metrics
project. The data is presented visually with the help of graphs and is
useful in identifying trends. The web interface also features a
granular data access API that can return detailed data pertaining to a
particular team. I have added unit tests to the code base and
currently covers about seventy percent of the code base.

--
Regards,
Vipin Nair