[Soc-coordination] SOC idea: HomedirAddonManager

Thomas Koch thomas at koch.ro
Wed Feb 22 10:59:15 UTC 2012

Gergely Nagy:
> Thomas Koch <thomas at koch.ro> writes:
> > = HomedirAddonManager =
>
> This sounds like a nice idea, but I have doubts it would fill a whole
> GSoC. Judging by the description, this is closer to a GCin task than to
> GSoC. Perhaps a nice project for someone interested, but I'm not
> convinced it'd be a good fit for GSoC.
>
> But perhaps I'm just not seeing the big picture. O:)

You're right, it's not too complicate, but maybe we could make it a bit
harder:

 * Take care of updates: New versions of the plugins have more/less/other
   symlinks.
 * Add a method to repair the symlinks after a user screwed things up.
 * Implement the addonmanager for a couple of packages (awesome, zsh,
   iceweasel) and their plugins (firebug, oh-my-zsh, ...)

Regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro