[Soc-coordination] GSoC Project Idea: WPA2 support for the debian installer

Gaudenz Steinlin gaudenz at debian.org
Wed Mar 7 14:45:14 UTC 2012

Hi

On Wed, 7 Mar 2012 11:17:48 +0100, Max Linke <max_linke-debian at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I would like to know if it is a appropriate project for GSoC
> to add WPA2 support for the debian installer.

As others already said, basic WPA2 support ist available in the
installer. Although the user interface and the feature set are far from
perfect. Currently only PSK is supported. There is no way to scan for
available networks.

I integrated all this into d-i during last DebConf and as far as I know
not much work has been done since then. I would be willing to mentor any
student working on improving WPA support in the installer.

Are you interested?

Gaudenz