[Soc-coordination] teammetrics Google Summer of Code 2012 project wrap-up

Filipus Klutiero chealer at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 00:32:26 UTC 2012

Hi everyone, and thank you for your work on teammetrics.

Here is the part of the report on this year's Debian GSoC which was sent
to debian-devel-announce:

> * Improving Debian Team Activity Metrics
> by Vipin Nair. Mentored by Sukhbir Singh and Andreas Tille
> http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2012/StudentApplications/VipinNair
>
> The "Debian Team Metrics" project collects data from various sources (mailing
> lists, repositories, package upload records) to gauge the  performance of teams
> in the Debian community. The data collection work  was done as a part of Google
> Summer of Code last year by Sukhbir Singh, mentored by Andreas Tille and Scott
> Howard, where the tools to gather data for the metrics above were developed.
>
> Over the summer, Vipin worked on writing a web interface for presenting the
> data, designed a data access API and suggested new metrics for the project. We
> hope that the Debian community can make use of the data to see how a team, and
> individual members in a team are performing. We plan to announce this project
> soon.
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2012/09/msg00011.html

If your team has a wiki page (which is always a good thing, speaking
about team management) which I missed, it would be nice to store this
result there.

Best luck with future work