[Soc-coordination] GSoC projects in Python

Manish Gill mgill25 at outlook.com
Sat Apr 13 04:16:02 UTC 2013

Hi there.

I've been looking at Debian's GSoC projects page and am very interested
in participating as a student for a Python-related project.

The two that interest me very much are:

    1. Test suite for Debian's archive management software (dak): I've
done testing before, but never worked focused on it exclusively, so this
project seems very interesting. I've cloned the git repo and will be
going through the codebase, learning how the system works.

    2. PTS rewrite in Django: I've used Flask and Django and love them.
So this is another cool project to work on. I'm becoming familiar with
the existing codebase as well, but my Perl experience is a little lacking.

About me, I'm a Computer Science student from New Delhi, India, and have
been programming in Python for about a year or so.

Should I contact the mentors for the projects directly, or will this
list (and the one for dak) suffice?

Thank you.

--
Manish Gill