[Soc-coordination] GSoC proposal for 'Enhancing Debian Blends web sentinel'

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Sun Apr 28 16:49:11 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 03:58:56AM +0530, Aditya Bhardwaj wrote:
> I have uploaded my proposal for the project 'Enhancing Debian Blends web
> sentinel' at
> http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2013/StudentApplications/AdityaBhardwaj
>
> Kindly provide me with feedback. Any kind of which is most appreciated.

I don't have any comments on your proposal for now, but if you are
looking for a small challenge to get you started with the Debian Blends
web sentinel, I could propose the following:

Right now, the package names at the beginning of each sentinel entry are
the names of the Debian packages, capitalized.  This looks weird for
quite a few package, e.g. if they are an abbreviation and are really
spelled "ABC", not "Abc".

The upstream metadata (http://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamMetadata) has a
field "Name" which could be used instead of the capitalized package
name.

As Andreas Tille is away, it is unclear whether such a change would be
accepted, but it would be a nice small exercise to familiarize yourself
with the code I think.

Michael