[Soc-coordination] Status report, week 7: FedMsg for Debian

Simon Chopin chopin.simon at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 07:10:39 UTC 2013

Hi!

(since I'm pretty sure it is still Friday somewhere, let's say I'm not
late shall we? :-) )

This is my weekly report, once again.

What has happened since last week:

  * The server support for replay has gone into mainline
  * I wrote some documentation for it, currently sitting in a PR on
    github
  * I've reached a state I'm cumfortable with on my client replay code,
    I however still have to write the PR, I will probably do it over the
    weekend.
  * Thanks to algernon, the first round of fedmsg dependencies have
    reached unstable. The only blocker before the second wave is a
    missing source for a PNG file, I've pinged upstream about it.
  * We've sat down and decided on how to address some issues specific to
    Debian infrastructure, resulting on a wiki page being created to
    document it[1].
  * Since we've changed the topic scheme, I've patched debexpo,
    debmessenger and fedmsg-meta-debian to take the new scheme into
    account.
  * Following feedback from the wiser, I've rewritten the part of
    debmessenger that were implemented in Hy in Python to reduce the bus
    factor, since it appears not many people are cumfortable with Lisp.
    Tsk tsk ;-)
  * I've spent my whole Friday hunting down a bug somewhere in the gpgme
    stack where it sometimes hung forever on some signed emails. While
    the bug is only in my mail client so far, since I plan on using the
    same software stack for fedmsg I'd like that to be fixed, or at
    least identified, neither of which is True :/

For next week, I plan to:

  * Finally upstream all of the code that's sitting on my clone
  * Hunt down that bug, or look for alternative gpg bindings — there
    seems to be a plethora of those.
  * Catch up on my schedule and write the GPG backend for the message
    signing.

Cheers,
Simon

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/FedMsg