[Soc-coordination] Improvements to Debian search - Report 7

Aarsh Shah aarshkshah1992 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 13:00:02 UTC 2013

*Improvements to Debian Search - Report 7

*
Mentors : Olly Betts and Dan Colish

*Work I am doing right now:*

   - I am at Debcamp right now with amazing and experienced people and am
   having the time of my life. :)
   - After testing the Bo1 scheme , I realized that some automated tests
   which were in place before I changed the query expansion mechanism failed.
   So,I wrote code and implemented the expansion scheme which we had before as
   a new weighting scheme which the user can choose.
   - I then modified the tests accordingly and they work well.
   - I also found out a mistake I had made in implementing a new statistic
   in the base class after intense testing and fixed it.
   - I wrote documentation for the base class , the Bo1 scheme and the old
   mechanism which I have implemented as a new scheme.

*Work I will do in the next week:*

   - I will continue testing the two new expansion schemes , clean up the
   code and work on getting all the current code including the base class and
   the two new schemes merged before going for the last two expansion schemes
   as things have begun to get complicated and messy.
   - Things are going well and I am pretty confident of finishing all
   Xapian implementation before August ends..
   - https://github.com/xapian/xapian/pulls

   -Regards
   -Aarsh