[Soc-coordination] Leiningen & Clojure Packaging

Eugenio Cano-Manuel Mendoza eugeniocanom at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 14:25:23 UTC 2013

I spent most of this week polishing my packages and packaging a few new
libraries. We decided to make our jar files look as close as possible to the
original ones so apart from source code I also included Leiningen and Maven
metadata.

Done this week
---------------
  * Included maven + lein metadata to my packages:
    -quoin
    -scout
    -stencil
    -regex
    -sjacket
    -hypirion-io
    -clj-stacktrace
    -core-cache
    -data-xml
    -parsley
    -tools-cli
    -complete
  * Packaged versioneer
  * Packaged pomegranate
  * Wrote manpages for clojurehelper
  * Currently trying to package jline2
  * Met my mentor
  * Finished packaging parsley and sjacket

Next week
---------
  * Finish packaging jline2
  * Package the new version of data-xml
  * Package the dependency that the new version of data-xml introduces
  * My packages are being reviewed so I'll be taking care of any possible
issues
  * Will be improving lein_builddocs and lein_build etc to look more like
real programs

Issues
------
  * Clojure dependency dilemma: Dependencies don't have to be installed
when the package
  is being built but if they're not then javahelper won't find the packages
that provide
  the jars in the classpath. Can either declare the dependencies as
build-dependencies or
  use apt-file to find the packages that satisfy the dependencies. Have not
decided yet

  * I'm finding jline2 very tricky with maven-debian-helper. I'll be
looking into this.

If you have any questions please let me know!

Eugenio