[Soc-coordination] Gustavo Alkmim - Report 10 - Automate Bootstrap Tool

Gustavo Prado Alkmim alkmim at ic.unicamp.br
Fri Aug 23 20:17:49 UTC 2013

############ Week 13 - Report 10

As I described in the last report, in this week the objective was to finish
the implementation of the automated bootstrap script and upload everything
to a git repository. I finished a first version of the script. It is not
complete yet but the current version is already at the git repository [1].

After a discussion with wookey we decide to implement the automated
bootstrap script giving the user the capability to use three repositories:

Upstream repo:
Unmodified sources and :BUILD and :all packages
Arch: source BUILD all

Modified repo:
Repo from which all *modified* source packages come
Arch: source BUILD ALL

Built repo (installable debs):
Repo we will debootstrap from. The (cross)-built packages are going to be
uploaded here by the script.
Repo build-deps are installed from
Arch: HOST all

The currently implementation is already considering this scheme.

I still have to upload the patches I made for some packages in order to
enable the crossbuild in some packages in git.

Next week:
   -- Really finish the automated bootstrap script
   -- Create a new script to make easier the modification of the sources.
It should get the sources, open a 'bash' terminal to change the sources,
bump version, create patch, upload to the modified repository and update
repository.
   -- Make patches for the modifications I already made in the sources and
upload to git.

Cheers,

[1] git at gitorious.org:debian-bootstrap/gsoc2013.git