[Soc-coordination] Weekly Report 10 The OpenJDK and Debian 8.19-8.24 by ShuxiongYe

Shuxiong Ye yeshuxiong at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 14:13:07 UTC 2013

> Thanks for the clarification.
>
> It would be helpful if you summarize things you tried and failed in
> packaging Openjdk8 before giving up, so that people could carry it on.
>
> By the way, do you have a plan to package Openjdk8 after gsoc2013?

Actually, after packaging findbugs, I have more confidence now.
I'd like to try, but I need more knowledge and practice.

Would you please show me an example that generates multiple packages when
being built from original source? It would be helpful for newbie like me.

Several difficult points I think for packaging openjdk8.

1. What's the use of each package and what should they consist of?
2. How to test if it is correctly packaged?

Thank you very much, Benda.