[Soc-coordination] Weekly Report 10 The OpenJDK and Debian 8.19-8.24 by ShuxiongYe

Shuxiong Ye yeshuxiong at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 14:49:01 UTC 2013

On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 10:30 PM, <heroxbd at gentoo.org> wrote:

> Dear Shuxiong,
>
> Shuxiong Ye <yeshuxiong at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Would you please show me an example that generates multiple packages
> > when being built from original source? It would be helpful for newbie
> > like me.
>
> Guess what, just take (surprise!) openjdk-7 as an example,
>
>       http://packages.debian.org/source/sid/openjdk-7

Actually, I don't think it is a simple example.
At my last try, I just felt it was complicated.
I don't know how it will look like when I package findbugs. Easier than it
was?

> > Several difficult points I think for packaging openjdk8.
> >
> > 1. What's the use of each package and what should they consist of?
>
> Learn from openjdk-7.
>

> > 2. How to test if it is correctly packaged?
>
> By actually using it, by passing the review of your mentor as well as
> ftp-master (be careful, they bite!), and finally users will bug you if
> they're not satisfied.

At my last try, I just find that there are some look-like configure files
in openjdk7, which I can not find in openjdk8, I am confused, and stop
there.
So in this case, I should just continue, ignore this till there are some
bugs for it?