[Soc-coordination] Status Report of MIPS N32/N64 Port, Week 10

Eleanor Chen chenyueg at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 14:04:21 UTC 2013

Hi,

In the eleventh week of this GSoC project, I've crossed built 22
packages and made a public repository[1] that can be used to
debbootstrap a base Debian chroot with build-essential available.

The source packages are:
bash
ustr
cracklib
cwidget
coreutils
util-linux
e2fsprogs
build-essential
gcc-4.8 native
nss
flex-cross
curl
pam
sysvinit
cunit
shadow
apt
base-passwd
diffutils
gcc-defaults
wget
gzip

Bugs I've reported (with patches or suggested solution):
#721337: bash: use correct strip command when cross build
#721352: ustr: set correct CC when cross build
#721354: cracklib2: stage1 support
#721357: cwidget: support cross build
#721358: coreutils: use dummy man when cross build)
#721359: util-linux: fix cross build
#721365: e2fsprogs: fix for cross build support

The package list used for build-essential is attached, but I'd like to
give it more time to see if we need to adjust it before submitting.

Next week I'll try to cross more packages, especially X stack looks
interesting. Also I'll try to start native rebuild on mips64el
machines (Lemote donated notebooks with Loongson 3A CPU).

[1]http://vip.moonux.org/debian/

Thanks,

Eleanor Chen