[Soc-coordination] Possible GSoC idea: make it easier to add new suite to wanna-build/sbuild

Ansgar Burchardt ansgar at debian.org
Sun Feb 24 20:00:05 UTC 2013

Hi,

Stefano Zacchiroli writes:
> On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 04:51:50PM +0100, Ansgar Burchardt wrote:
>> Given we might want to add more suites in the future, for example for
>> developer repositories or *-backports-sloppy, would improving this be a
>> possible project for the Google Summer of Code?
>
> On the developer repositories topic, aren't there any other coding
> tasks, on dak itself, that would make suitable soc projects? (in
> addition to this one, I mean)

I don't think we have plans for any larger changes in dak at the moment
(CCed debian-dak@ in case I forgot something).

For the developer repositories we would need to setup a mirror network
and eventually implement some remote-management facilities to create new
suites, remove packages and so on. The latter task should be fairly easy
given we already have support for *.dak-commands files, but I don't
think it's enough for a SoC project.

Ansgar