[Soc-coordination] GSoC "FedMsg for Debian", report for week 2

Simon Chopin chopin.simon at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 07:27:39 UTC 2013

Hi David,

Quoting David Bremner (2013-07-02 03:56:08)
> Simon Chopin <chopin.simon at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > My plans for next week are the following:
> >
> > * Finally get all my packages uploaded and backported to wheezy
> > * Get my debexpo patches in, and set up some listeners on as much servers as
> >   possible to measure the rate of dropped messages.
> > * Start working with Paul on a converter from the various email info sources
> >   we have in Debian to fedmsg.
> >

> Hi Simon;
>
> Thanks for the report. Out of curiousity, why the backports?  I'm not
> opposed or anything, it just seems like the necessary transition to
> jessie beforehand will add some delays to your project. Or are these
> unofficial backports?

The fedmsg services are most likely to run on Debian stable or
oldstable, hence the backport. Since the packages have been written with
backporting in mind from the ground up, it will mostly be an affair of
adding an changelog entry and bugging my sponsor.