[Soc-coordination] Status report, week 4: FedMsg for Debian

Simon Chopin chopin.simon at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 10:22:06 UTC 2013

Hi,

As part of my GSoC project this week, I've done the following:
  — Hacked up some -bugs-dist support in debmessenger[1].
  — Thought up a preliminary implementation of a replay protocol for
    fedmsg in case of dropped messages[2][3].
  — Deployed fedmsg on mentors.debian.net (well, most of the work has
    been accomplished by Nicolas Dandrimont, kudos for that BTW).
    For the curious amongst the readers, you can listen to the chatter
    by adding tcp://mentors.debian.net:300[0-4] to the list of
    endpoints.
  — Implemented service discovery through SRV records in fedmsg
    (untested as of today)[4]

For next week, I plan to:
  — Rewrite the replay mechanism as the more I think about the current
    implementation the less I'm happy with it.
  — Deploy a fedmsg gateway that will consume all debian-produced
    messages and resend them on a single endpoint, much like [5].
  — Work out the last kinks in my packaging (I know, I say that every
    week, but try to deal with an overcommitted sponsor ;-) )
  — Maybe, deploy an instance of debmessenger somewhere.

Have a nice week-end all!
Cheers,
Simon

[1] https://github.com/laarmen/debmessenger/commit/dde1454cf362f4f4755d6c9b2a72c3368414e0f3