[Soc-coordination] Report week 5, Redesign metapackage creation for Debian Blends

Emmanouil Kiagias e.kiagias at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 18:09:09 UTC 2013

Hello,

This week:

While writing code to properly handle the virtual packages in
{sec-}blend-gen-control a new issue[0] came up (actually my mentor
mentioned  it). By definition virtual packages are *not* available - they
are just virtual and need  to be provided by a real package. If there is no
such real package the whole set of alternatives should be moved to Suggests.

* Change both {sec-}blend-gen-control to properly handle the virtual
packages (solved above issue)

* Wrote a first working version of task_diff[1] (script to track
added/removed packages between Blend's releases).

Note: today(Friday) is not included in working hours, I was offline due to
travelling. I will cover up these hours during the weekend

Next week:

* Sum up all the missing packages problematic cases/differences
from  {sec-}blend-gen-control output

* Investigate/check alternative way of creating a single control file
(instead of having multiple files as we do now) which may can support for
example the following format: Depends: pkg1 [!arch1 !arch2 !arch3], pkg2
[!arch1]

* Really create arch dependant metapackages. Bring the source package we
created using the blends tools to a status where we can say : "debuild" on
a certain arch and metapackages are ready.

Kind regards

Emmanouil

[0]:
http://lintian.debian.org/tags/virtual-package-depends-without-real-package-depends.html