[Soc-coordination] Weekly Report 6 The OpenJDK and Debian 7.20-7.25 by ShuxiongYe

Shuxiong Ye yeshuxiong at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 22:31:33 UTC 2013

Hi,
This is an early report, for I will be on vacation from July 26 to July 28.

Summary for this week:
1. Go though all bugs left. The bug list is here[1].
    The bugs can be divided into the following cases:
        1) Patch available or pending to upload.
        2) Not support Java7.
        3) Fail to pass the test.
        4) To be removed from achieve
        5) Need package not found in achieve.

2. Try to package openjdk8
    I spent days in packaging, but failed. The rule seems to be too
complicated. I need help.
    I will talk with my mentor about this, when we come back in July 29.

Plan for next week:
1. Prepare for the mid-term evaluation.
2. Finish the bugs.
3. Package openjdk8.

* fell behind the schedule about one week.

[1]
http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2013/StudentApplications/ShuxiongYe/PackageList

--
Sincerely

Shuxiong Ye

School of Electronics Engineering and Computer Science, Peking University