[Soc-coordination] Report week 1, Redesign metapackage creation for Debian Blends

Emmanouil Kiagias e.kiagias at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 15:36:14 UTC 2013

Hello,

My name is Emmanouil Kiagias and I am working on the project "Redesign
metapackage creation for Debian Blends", more info about the project can be
found here [1].

I have created a git repo [2] for the project in alioth.debian.org.

In the first week, I studied the UDD structure and my mentor (Andreas
Tille) helped me define some sql statements to query the needed information
for the project. Having the sql which provides the information we need , I
wrote some basic functions for the new blend-gen-control script( yesterday
I made that commit). My mentor already gave me feedback (some hints) on my
code and using these hints I will continue (today) and the next week to
finish up a first version of the new blend-gen-control.

All the discussions concerning the project can be found in
debian-blends at lists.debian.org [3] public list (blends-dev, gsoc 2013)

Kind regards
Emmanouil

PS: this report does not contain yet the work of the Friday(I am now
starting for Friday)

[1]:
http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2013/StudentApplications/EmmanouilKiagias
[2]: git://git.debian.org/git/blends/blends-gsoc.git
[3]: http://lists.debian.org/debian-blends/,
http://lists.debian.org/debian-blends/2013/06/threads.html