[Soc-coordination] Report 1 for Improvements to Debian search project

Aarsh Shah aarshkshah1992 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 16:07:07 UTC 2013

*Improvements to Debain Search - Report 1

*
Mentor : Olly Betts

*Work I am doing right now:*

   - I finished implementing the DLH, IfB2, In2B2 and BB2 weighting
   schemes. So basically the admins will be happy to know that I have finished
   all work upto my Midterm evaluation :) (Mainly because I got started during
   the community bonding period itself.)
   - I am currently improving the code of all the weighting schemes as per
   the feedback of my mentors.
   - I will get all the weighting schemes merged by the end of this week.

*Work I will do in the next week:*

   - In the next week, I will start working on the second and more
   challenging stage of my project i.e implementing a base class for query
   expansion.
   - However, finishing it will take about two - two and a half weeks as
   designing of the class is a matter to which I will have to devote
   considerable amount of time and thought and not just coding it.

   This is the link to all the pull requests :-

   https://github.com/xapian/xapian/pulls

   -Regards
   -Aarsh