[Soc-coordination] Automated Bootstrap - Report 2 - Gustavo Alkmim

Gustavo Prado Alkmim alkmim at ic.unicamp.br
Sat Jun 29 05:02:58 UTC 2013

Hi Guys.

Below is the report of this week:

############ Report 2 - Week 5.

June 23 - June 29: Test if the sources of the Self contained repository can be
crossbuilt using the new inserted metadata information.

Actually, following the schedule of the project [0], this is what I have to do
until July 29. This step includes patches to solve cycles and solve crossbuild
problems on some packages.

Last week [1] I got problems because the currently unstable doesn't have the
same version of libc6-dev for armel and amd64, blocking the installation of
them in the same system. I analized some of the snapshots with botch and
choosed the unstable snapshot from 2013-06-01 03h56m49s [2] that doesn't have
conflicts due to different versions of packages for important armel and amd64
packages.

After the installation of the unstable snapshot choosed I started to build some
packages. Until this moment, src:acl, src:attr, src:base-files and
src:base-passwd
were crossbuilt successfully. While trying to crossbuild apt, I got problems
with my cross-toolchain because it is lacking important packages like g++.

Next steps:
Solve the problem with the cross-toolchain
Keep patching files and update the repository [3]

This report can also be found in [4]

[0] https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2013/StudentApplications/GustavoAlkmim
[1] http://www.lrc.ic.unicamp.br/~alkmim/debian/GSoC2013/Documents/Reports/Week-4.txt
[2] http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian/20130601T035649Z/