[Soc-coordination] GSoC Students: DebConf 13!

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Thu May 30 00:33:01 UTC 2013

Hi,

The fourteenth Debian developer conference (known as DebConf13), will
take place in Vaumarcus, Switzerland, from 11th to 18th of August 2013
[0]. As in the past, we want you to attend DebConf because it's a
wonderful experience -- you get to meet and work with your mentor(s) and
the Debian community in real life!

If you are interested in going to DebConf this year, here are three
things you need to do:

1). Let us know that you are interested in going.
2). We need a tentative budget for your trip: tell us where you are
traveling from and the cost of the cheapest ticket (train, air) to get
to Switzerland.
3). Ask your mentor(s) if they are coming to DebConf, and if yes, then
please ask them to convey this to us.

If you are interested in going, please reply to this message privately
(and also ask your mentor(s) to do so) no later than Wednesday (5th
June), so that we can plan the finances and other stuff accordingly.

The travel page describes how to get to Vaumarcus [1] and please check
if you need a visa to enter Switzerland [2]; we will be providing you
with an invitation letter in case you need one.

Also, please note that we cannot promise anything at this stage: we will
try our best to get as many of you can as we can to DebConf, but no
promises yet!

[0] - http://debconf13.debconf.org/
[1] - http://debconf13.debconf.org/travel.xhtml
[2] - https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/Border